A burst water pipe can quickly cause extensive damage to your home or place of business. Get help fast by contacting our team TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, for burst pipe repair services.
We fix everything from burst main water lines to indoor pipes in Downers Grove, IL, and the surrounding areas. Our services are competitively-priced, and we provide lasting solutions.
For more about our plumbing services, get in touch with us!
Why Do Pipes Burst?
Several things can cause a pipe to burst, but a few culprits are more common than others:
- Clogs: A clog within a water pipe can cause water to build up until the pipe expands and bursts. The clog may be due to mineral buildup or other factors.
- Frozen pipe: Freezing temperatures cause the water within pipes to freeze. As the water freezes, it will expand until the pipe or outside hose bib containing it breaks. Freezing temperatures also weaken plastics, which creates a common weak spot for hose bibs.
- Old pipes: Pipes get weaker as they age, and the weaker a pipe gets, the less internal and external pressure it can withstand.
- Root invasion: Tree roots can break into pipes to access the water or nutrients within.
- Seismic activity: A shift in the earth can forcefully bend a pipe and cause it to break.
Regardless of what caused your broken water pipe, get professional help as soon as possible. Delays could lead to flooding, water damage, mold, and an unnecessarily high water bill.
How We Repair Burst Pipes
Repairing a burst pipe isn’t always straightforward, especially if it’s a buried pipe or in a slab. To minimize damage to your property and efficiently fix the problem, we:
- Shut off your water supply to stop further leakage.
- Use specialized tools to find the burst pipe without digging or breaking your walls.
- Depending on the damage, we may replace or simply repair the broken portion of your plumbing.
To ensure lasting results, we only use quality products to complete water pipe installation, internal plumbing, and main water line repair jobs.
Is there standing water in your basement? Check out our sump pump services.
Contact Your Local Burst Pipe Repair Experts
Letting an unqualified contractor handle a water main repair job can lead to unsatisfactory results and possibly damage your property. Choosing licensed professionals like us guarantees expert services that fix the problem and optimize your building’s plumbing.
Our experienced and well-equipped technicians can handle even the most complex burst pipe problems. We can also tailor our services to fit your needs and budget. When you choose us, you can count on:
- Accurate diagnosis
- Competitive and transparent pricing
- Quick turnaround
- Lasting results
- Convenient scheduling