Summer heat can take a toll on your home and your family. If your air conditioning system malfunctions, don’t endure a hot and sticky home. Call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for AC repair services. A third-generation, family-owned company we provide services to our Lisle, IL neighbors.
We provide the following air conditioning services in your area:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- AC Filter Replacement
- Air Handler Services
We offer quality heating and cooling services to our neighbors in Lisle, IL. Read what our clients have to say about our work in our testimonials.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner
Is can be difficult to know when to keep repairing your air conditioner and when to replace it. These symptoms can indicate it might be time to install a new unit:
- It’s older than 15 years old.
- It’s losing efficiency, causing higher utility bills.
- It’s not cooling your home to a desirable temperature.
- It needs multiple repairs.
- It needs a large, expensive repair.
- It has leaks.
- It’s making strange, loud noises.
- It’s blowing cold air, but not as strong as it should be.
Symptoms That Indicate Your AC Unit Needs Repairs
When it comes to your air conditioning unit, the earlier you can identify an issue and hire a service company to repair it, the better. The key is knowing when there is a problem that needs to be fixed. The following symptoms can indicate your unit needs to be inspected by a contractor:
- Your house isn’t reaching a comfortable temperature.
- You notice an absence of cold air coming from the system.
- You see water pooling under the air ducts or near the drain tube.
- You encounter hot and cold spots throughout your home, indicating the unit isn’t cooling your property evenly.
- Your monthly utility bills increase.
- Your system requires frequent repairs, or large, expensive fixes.
Having your air conditioner break down can be stressful enough — don’t worry about the bill. Learn about our financing options.
Easy Ways to Save Money on Cooling Costs
Keeping your home cool and comfortable in the summer months can take a toll on your utility bills. To try to trim some of the costs, use these tips for easy ways to save money:
- Make sure your house is properly insulated.
- Change your air filters regularly, ideally every three months.
- Have a professional inspect your system at least once a year to ensure it’s running properly and efficiently.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Turn your thermostat down a few degrees. You will likely not notice the difference and can save on cooling costs.
- If your unit is older, consider replacing it for a newer model.
- Use fans to help circulate air and make your house feel cooler.
- Keep your drapes closed to help block out the sun and heat.