A properly functioning air conditioning unit is a necessity during the summer months. When your system breaks down, don’t hesitate before scheduling repairs. Call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for on-time services. A family-owned company, we provide AC maintenance and tune-ups in Lockport, IL.
We offer the following cooling services to your area:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Air Handler Services
- AC Filter Replacement
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
Our customers have kept us in business for three generations! Find out why they trust us to restore comfort to their home in our reviews page.
Signs That Indicate Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
When you walk into a hot and stuffy house in the summer, it’s usually a pretty clear sign that your air conditioner is not working. There are also other, less obvious symptoms that can indicate your system needs repairs:
- Parts of your home feel cooler than others, meaning your unit is cooling your house unevenly.
- You see water pooling under your ducts or near the drain tube.
- Your monthly utility bills are increasing, but you’re not using the system more than usual.
- The temperature in your home doesn’t match the temp set on the thermostat.
What Parts of an AC Unit Are Inspected During a Tune-Up
At least once a year you should schedule routine maintenance on your air conditioning unit. This will help ensure it performs as expected during the summer months. During these annual tune-ups, you can expect a contractor to:
- Check the refrigerant to make sure the unit has the right amount. He or she will also typically inspect the unit for any refrigerant leaks.
- Look at the air ducts to determine if air duct services are needed.
- Inspect the evaporator coil to ensure air is flowing through it and look for any other issues that may need to be repaired.
- Apply oil to the motor, if needed.
- Examine the belts for wear and tear. If it looks like a belt needs to be replaced, expect the contractor to ask you if you’d like it replaced now instead of waiting for it to break later.
- Inspect all of the components of the unit to make sure they are working properly.
- Check the thermostat to make sure it’s functioning and can provide climate control to your home.
Wondering if we can help resolve your heating or cooling issue? Contact us to learn more about our services.
Importance of Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance
Scheduling regular maintenance on your air conditioner is very important to keep it functioning properly. Routine services also help the unit by:
- Helping it properly cool your home.
- Keep it running efficiently, which can help lower your monthly utility costs.
- Provide you with maximum climate control when you need it most.
- Keep you and your loved ones safe.
- Identify and repair small issues early before they become larger.