Is a forced-air heating system not for you? If not, radiant heating can be the right solution for your home. The underfloor heating system can offer consistent heating in an energy-efficient manner. To install a radiant heating system in your house, call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. A third-generation, family-owned company, we proudly offer our services to the Naperville, IL area.
Does your furnace need a tune-up? Contact us for on-time furnace repair services.
What Is Radiant Heating?
Radiant heating allows you to heat your home without using a forced-air system. This solution uses a series of wires or water pipes -- typically located under your floor -- to warm your property. The heat rises up from the floor and throughout the house to create a consistent heat. This method heats your home more evenly and can be more energy-efficient than forced-air systems. Because heat coming from a furnace rises upwards, it makes the system work harder to replace the heat as it moves up. It also struggles to warm the house consistently. Since the heat is coming from the floors in a radiant heating system, it takes less effort to evenly heat the home.
Benefits of Underfloor Heating
Radiant heating provides several benefits for homeowners. Some of these can include:
- Increased comfort as the underfloor heating consistently and evenly warms the house.
- Consistent temperatures throughout a room or house as the heat comes from all sides of a room. This also allows it to warm an area more quickly.
- More efficient heating as it uses less energy to heat your home than a forced-air system.
- Increased temperatures as the room might actually feel warmer than the temperature set on the thermostat. This can be due to the way heat moves throughout the room - starting from the floor and rising upwards.
- Low monthly utility bills due to increased energy-efficiency.
- These systems make less noise than forced air systems since they’re not pushing air throughout air ducts in your home.
- Improved indoor air quality since the system isn’t pushing air throughout the house that could contain dust and debris.
Is your AC unit ready for summer? Don’t put it off until the warm weather hits. Schedule your next air conditioning repair with us!
Save Money With Radiant Heating
In addition to more consistent heating and less noise, underfloor heating systems can also save you money. This is due to the increased energy efficiency the systems provide and the even heating they produce. It is estimated that these systems can reduce heating costs by 10 to 30 percent by allowing you to set your thermostat at a lower setting due to more even heating.