When your drains get clogged you might be able to tolerate the inconvenience for a little while before it reaches the point where you need professional help. However, you don’t have that luxury with a clogged sewer main line. If blockages are not treated quickly, they can lead to a sewage backup in your home. Avoid this by calling TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for appointments in Plainfield, IL. When you call us, we provide plumbing services and will use the latest technology to make the repairs.
Don’t guess where the problem in your sewer line is - find out exactly where when you schedule sewer video inspection services in Plainfield.
Signs You Need Sewer Main Line Clearing Services
Do you want to clean up raw sewage in your home? Yeah, we didn’t think so. To avoid this, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate you have a clog in your main sewer line. Some symptoms can include:
- If you have backups in several drains when the toilet is flushed.
- If multiple drains are running slow in your house.
- If you hear gurgling noises coming from the drains or the toilet when the toilet is flushed.
- If you see water coming up through the floor drains.
Common Causes of Clogged Sewer Lines
Your sewer main line can get clogged due to several different reasons. Some of the most common causes are:
- Tree roots: These can grow into the sewer lines and cause cracks to form, which can break the pipes and lead to clogs. Homes with concrete and clay pipes can be more susceptible to tree root issues.
- Sunken sewer line: A sagging, dipping or sunken sewer line can create a pool of water, waste, and toilet paper that can cause the line to clog. This can occur due to shifting ground, poor plumbing installation, and improper grading of the pipes.
- Broken pipes or joints: Frozen or damaged pipes can crack and break, causing dirt and other debris to clog the lines. Broken joints between pipes can also cause blockages.
- Foreign objects: We’ve heard the warnings to not flush diapers or hygiene products, but not everyone listens. These can lead to blockages in the line.
- Grease buildup: Grease can build up in the line if the wrong items are put down the garbage disposal or kitchen sinks.
When you have an issue in your sewer line, call us for sewer line repairs in Plainfield.
Why Clogged Sewer Main Lines Are a Plumbing Emergency
When your main sewer line clogs, it can lead to damage to your property and can put your family’s health at risk. If the line backs up and sewage enters your house, it can create a massive mess and can also leave your family vulnerable to illness. When this happens, you need professional help immediately. Call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for emergency services at your Plainfield, IL home.