Do you know what problems are lurking in your sewer line? While it can be scary to find out, it’s necessary to identify any problems quickly so you can locate the issue and have it repaired. Call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for sewer video inspections in Plainfield, IL. When you call, our plumbers will show up with the latest technology and equipment and will provide straightforward pricing.
Does your sewer line need repairs? Contact us to schedule sewer line repair services in Plainfield.
What Is a Sewer Video Inspection?
Are you familiar with sewer camera inspections? These quick and non-invasive inspections let professionals locate problems with your sewer line without needing to dig up your yard. When an expert arrives at your property, he or she will insert a special, waterproof camera into your plumbing system. This will take a video of the line, allowing the professional to see if there are any issues, and where exactly they are located.
When to Schedule Sewer Camera Inspections
There are several circumstances in which you should schedule a sewer video inspection. Some situations where you should book services are:
- There is a tree root invading your piping system. Over time, root buildups can cause cracks and blockages in your lines.
- You are scheduling a large remodeling project. You should have the piping system inspected to ensure it can handle the work -- including increased flow and waste if you are redoing your bathroom or kitchen.
- You are buying a new home. Standard house inspections might not check your sewer line, so this is a convenient way to ensure the piping system is in good working order before you buy the house.
- You experience frequent sewer or drain backups, slow drains, or clogs.
Is your sewer line backed up? Learn about our sewer main line clearing services we provide to Plainfield.
Benefits of Sewer Video Inspections
Hiring a professional to conduct sewer drain camera inspections can provide many advantages. Some of the top ones include:
- Accurately locate a leak: This method can find the exact location of a leak or crack in your pipes. This eliminates any guesswork later as the professional is trying to locate the problem.
- Avoid unnecessarily digging up your yard: Using the camera to detect if there is an issue and where it is located can prevent having large sections of your yard dug up while trying to locate the issue.
- Check the condition of your pipes: The camera can check the condition of your pipes to determine if there are signs of corrosion or wear and tear. This is especially useful if your system is older.
- Video to submit to insurance: The video can be used if you need to submit an insurance claim.