Your water lines provide your home with a continuous water supply and distribute water to your home's various points of usage. Unfortunately, they are also susceptible to wear and tear and temperature fluctuations, which can cause them to burst.
TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in Plainfield, IL, provides homeowners with professional water main and burst pipe repair services. Our plumbing team has extensive pipe repair experience to ensure that the repair process is quick and convenient.
To find out if you have a broken pipe, learn more about our water leak detection service.
What Causes Water Pipe Bursts?
Several things can cause a water pipe to burst:
- Deterioration: Pipes have limited lifespans. Corrosion and a reduction in structural integrity may cause them to burst.
- Temperature fluctuations: When there is a change in temperature, pipes may expand, which can increase tension and create damage.
- Hard water: Magnesium and calcium in the water can build up in the pipes, slowing down the flow of water. Additionally, these minerals can corrode the inside of the pipes and cause leaks.
- Improper installation: Poor pipe connections can also increase tension on the pipes, which may eventually result in a burst.
What to Do If a Pipe Bursts in Your Home?
The signs that you have a broken water pipe in your home include the following:
- Flooding on your floors or ceilings.
- Dark stains on your walls, floor, ceiling, or slab.
- Discolored water coming from the faucets.
- Sudden mold and mildew growth.
- Low water pressure.
If you notice any of the above, turn off your home’s water supply and contact TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in Plainfield. We will visit your home, inspect the pipe, and carry out a main water line repair or water pipe installation, depending on the cause of the problem.
If you have an aging plumbing system, learn more about our repiping services.
Benefits of Regular Water Line Maintenance
Regular water main repair and inspection services are essential as they ensure a reliable supply of water to your home. The benefits of regular pipe maintenance include the following:
- The prevention of bursts, even if you have a frozen pipe or frozen outside hose bib.
- Early detection of issues and eliminating the need for a burst pipe repair.
- The prevention of water-borne diseases.
- Reducing leaks, which keeps your water bills low.
We also provide water main and burst pipe repair in: