A gas line is a pipe that connects natural gas to your appliances, such as your central heating system, grill, or water heater. These pipes should always be in a proper working order to prevent hazardous leaks, personal injury, and health issues.
TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing provides customers in Plainfield, IL, with gas line repair and installation services to ensure that their appliances are always functional and safe.
If you detect unpleasant smells or hear a hissing sound, contact us to schedule a gas detection service.
When Do You Need a Gas Line Installation?
A common question that customers have is whether they should opt for a gas pipe replacement or repair. As an experienced gas fitter, we find that installation is usually the best option in the following circumstances:
- The gas pipes are old and worn out.
- A severe weather event or natural disaster damaged the lines.
- You experienced recurring gas leaks.
- You are in the process of constructing a new home or addition to an existing building.
- You are upgrading your appliance, for example, if you upgrade your grill, you need a BBQ gas line installation.
- You want to start using oil instead of gas.
When Do You Need a Gas Pipe Repair?
If you have a gas line defect, a replacement may not be necessary. After one of our plumbers is done assessing the condition of your pipes, TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in Plainfield will recommend the most suitable option. A repair is typically sufficient in the following cases:
- You don’t need pipes for a new gas appliance hookup.
- The piping is still relatively new.
- An attachment or line component is defective, not the pipe itself.
- The pipe defect is easy and quick to repair.
- The defect is not likely to recur.
A gas line repair is usually the low-cost alternative to a replacement. However, we will always recommend the safest option.
If you need a gas line installation service for a home upgrade, you should also take a look at our remodeling services.
Schedule Proactive Gas Line Maintenance
Routine maintenance is the most effective way to prolong the lifespan of your gas lines. We recommend that you schedule a gas inspection at least once per year to:
- Detect potential issues early.
- Ensure that your gas pipes are always in a working condition.
- Mitigate the risk of leaks and ensure a safe environment.
- Prevent unnecessary pipe replacement costs.
Many homeowners don’t want to schedule regular maintenance, but doing so will prevent defects and the inconvenience and risks associated with leaks.