When you are in need of sewer line repair in Plainfield, IL, you'll want to have it taken care of as quickly as possible. Issues with your main sewer lines can cause major problems if not addressed quickly. Sewer line leaks, for example, can lead to water damage on your property, which can be incredibly costly to repair. Read on to learn more about the importance of your sewer lines and how to keep them flowing smoothly.
A problem with your sewer line can lead to an expensive mess and even health issues for your household. Fortunately, you can avoid these problems by scheduling professional repairs and replacements at the first signs of an issue. Call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for services in Plainfield, IL. We offer on-time, no-hassle plumbing services.
Do you suspect there’s an issue in your sewer line, but you’re not sure where? Contact us to schedule sewer video inspection services.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Problems
Unfortunately, it’s possible that once in a while your sewer line might encounter an issue that needs to be repaired. Some common problems you might experience are:
- Blockages in drains that clog the line.
- Corrosive soil that causes the line to deteriorate.
- Cracks in the line.
- Shifting of the earth that causes the lines to collapse.
- Signs of aging.
- Tree roots that are interfering with the line.
- Problems with your septic tank.
- Issues during a major construction project that interfere with the line.
Signs Your Sewer Line Needs Repairs
The key to preventing major damage to your yard and property due to an issue in your sewer line is to find the problem as soon as possible and schedule professional repairs. Some symptoms you should watch for are:
- Your drains are slow to empty or don’t empty at all.
- You have multiple drains that are clogged at one time.
- You smell sewage in or around your property.
- You hear bubbling sounds when you use the sink or flush the toilet.
- You see standing water around the sewer line.
- You have water backing up out of your tubs, toilets, and sinks.
Is there a blockage in your sewer line? Contact us to learn about our sewer main line clearing services in Plainfield.
Protect Your Home by Maintaining Your Sewer Lines
Sewer lines are responsible for carrying wastewater away from your home and into Plainfield's main sewer network. This includes drainage from sinks, showers, and bathtubs, as well as a water flushed down toilets. If you have ground drains in your garage, basement, or yard, it includes that water as well. The main sewer lines remove that water from your property, taking it to wastewater treatment plants for processing.
When there is a problem in your home's sewer system, it can lead to backups in drains and toilets throughout your home. If one of your main sewer lines springs a leak, you could find your property flooded. In extreme cases, a leak under your home's slab or foundation could even put the structure of your house itself at risk. Because of the potential dangers, it is always smart to deal with sewer line problems as soon as you discover them.
- Odor of sewage in yard, house, or basement
- Unexplained soggy areas in your yard
- Frequent backups in drains and toilets
- Increase in rodent, insect, and other pest activity
- Shifting soil on property
It isn't always easy to identify problems in your main sewer lines, as the issues typically occur underground. That is why it is so important to watch out for potential warning signs. It is better to call in a plumber for a false alarm than it is to ignore the problem and have it get worse. The sooner you can call for service, the better your chances of getting the problem fixed with minimal risk of damage to your home and property.
How To Prevent Sewer Line Issues
What’s the easiest way to fix an issue with your sewer line - and the mess it leaves behind? To not have an issue in the first place. Use these tips to prevent problems from forming in your line:
- Know what you can put down your drains and toilet. Some items to avoid include hygienic products, diapers, cooking grease, oils, and even some types of toilet paper.
- Locate and mark your sewer lines before performing a large excavation or construction project in your yard.
- Keep trees with large root systems as far away from sewage lines as possible.
- Put screens in your sinks, showers, and bathtubs to prevent debris from going down the drain.
Plainfield's Trusted Sewer Line Repair Contractor
Here at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we are proud to include sewer line repair among our plumbing services. When you contact our team for help with your main sewer lines, we'll start with a thorough inspection of your plumbing system, including the sewer pipes and the pipes and drains inside your home. This will give us the full picture of what is going on in your plumbing so that we can make plans and provide you with an estimate for the repairs.
We are proud to be a third-generation family-owned business, and our customers mean everything to us. We are fully committed to your complete satisfaction and won't rest until the job is done right. This philosophy applies whether the job is large or small, so you can always count on our team to deliver excellence with every service.
For all your sewer line repair needs in Plainfield, you can do no better than TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. Reach out to us today to schedule an inspection and consultation.