When your air conditioner breaks down in the summer months, it can be days before some service companies can fit you in. Don’t put up with a hot, sticky house for that long! Call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for AC repairs. A third-generation, family-owned company, we proudly service Downers Grove, IL.
We offer the following cooling services to your area:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Filter Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- New HVAC Construction
Curious as to why we’ve been in business for three generations? Read our client testimonials to find out!
Signs You Should Replace Your Air Conditioner
Is your air conditioner malfunctioning, but you’re not quite sure if it needs to be replaced or repaired? The following signs can indicate your unit should be replaced:
- It’s not blowing cold air as strongly as it should be.
- It’s not as efficient as it used to be, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Your home is warmer than it should be, meaning your unit can’t get it to a desirable temperature.
- It has a major problem, such as needing a new motor or compressor.
- It needs multiple repairs.
- It’s leaking.
- It’s making strange sounds.
- It’s more than 15 years old.
Common AC Unit Problems
Occasionally you might encounter issues with your air conditioner. Some of the more common problems you might experience can include:
- The unit isn’t producing cold air.
- Air isn’t flowing through your vents properly, causing your system to work harder than it should be to cool your house.
- Your home isn’t cooling evenly, resulting in some rooms being cooler than others. This could be caused by a malfunctioning thermostat.
- You notice moisture leaking from around the air conditioner. This should be inspected by a professional, as it could be a minor problem - like a blocked drain tube- or it could be a refrigerant leak, which should only be handled by contractors.
Have a question about our services? Contact us to learn about our heating and cooling services.
Easy Ways to Save on Cooling Costs
Are your utility bills skyrocketing in the summer months as you try to keep your house cool? There are ways to reduce your bills. Use these tips to save money on cooling costs:
- Properly insulate your home to keep the cool air in and the hot air outside.
- Regularly replace your air filters. It’s recommended to change them every three months.
- Schedule an annual maintenance appointment with a service company.
- Control the climate in your home with a programmable thermostat.
- Turn the thermostat down a few degrees. It will save on energy and you’re unlikely to notice a difference.
- If you have an older system, replace it with a newer one. Newer models are more energy-efficient than older ones.
- Use fans throughout your home to circulate the air and make your home feel cooler.
- Close the drapes or shades on sunny days to keep the additional heat out.